9 Reasons to Support Local Black-Owned Businesses!
Updated: Dec 18, 2019
Every dollar that you spend has an immediate and long term effect in our communities, therefore, when you consciously decide to support a black-owned business, you are choosing to create a better, safer, and stronger community. How you ask? Well, let me tell you how! Did you know that when you spend $100 at a small business, $68 is reinvested back into that community? That money goes towards safer neighborhoods, more resources and services, better schools, more employment opportunities and so much more.
So the next time that you are going into your wallet to shop, here are 9 things to consider before spending your hard earned dollar:
9. When we buy black, we exercise our self-determination that enables us to create, define, think, and speak for ourselves.
8. We each feel like we matter more and we have responsibility & control over what's happening around us.
7. More people have opportunity and access to wealth and our businesses have greater means of production and competition.
6. Wealth is distributed in a way that is healthier and just and less destabilizing to humanity.
5. We build stronger, safer communities.
4. We create strong, inclusive local economies.
3. We present visibility and a true representation of our culture that inspires the next generation.
2. If we do not build for ourselves, we will be controlled by those that do.
1. When we spend $1 of every $10 at a black-owned business, we have the potential to create 1 million jobs!
If you are looking for black-owned businesses to support in your city, please visit www.melaninenterprise.com and download our mobile app! You will be able to find locally black-owned businesses conveniently, write and read reviews, check in, and connect with other conscious consumers in our "Real Talk" private online group chat.